To our Y Community,
For more than 164 years, our Y has continuously evolved to meet the changing needs of our community. And today, our community is going through unprecedented challenges.
It is important that we support our public’s health and the medical community as we flatten the curve of this pandemic by practicing social distancing.
To do so, we have now made the decision to close, with our reopen date TBA. We will constantly review this fluid situation, with guidance from our public health and government officials.
Your membership goes a long way as we continue to serve our community daily. Thanks to your support, your membership has made it possible for us to do the following:
- Prepare free grab-and-go meals to the community, Monday-Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Bath Area Family YMCA.
- Host multiple blood drives.
- Provide child care for essential employees with protocols and procedures in place to keep children, families, and staff safe and healthy. Learn more about our program here.
- Start virtual story time for our preschool Enrichment families via Youtube.
- Launch virtual fitness classes to keep our members and participants safely connected. Learn more about the virtual options we have to offer here.
- Support our employees and their benefits.
- Learn how to donate to our COVID-19 Rapid Relief Fund here.
Virtual Classes are Here!
We’re here to make sure you have the tools to stay active and healthy during this time!
In addition to Y360, we are running some of your favorite classes virtually in our Facebook group and our YouTube channel. Classes include Silver Strong, Yoga, Barre, and more, so be sure to get plugged in at the links below!
Something to Smile About
Last week, our Enrichment program organized a virtual celebration for the Week of the Young Child, an annual celebration through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This is a photo of their Zoom music class with Miss Sharon Pyne on Music Monday, where our preschoolers were able to engage in song and dance from the comfort of their living rooms!
Running out of Books to Read?
You can now find our little library outside the Bath Area Family YMCA, stocked with some great titles for both kids and adults! All books have been wiped, cleaned, and are FREE to the community.
Be sure to stop by for a book!
This work is essential to our community, and the Y is in a unique position to provide these services. But we cannot continue this critical mission without support. If you are able, we ask that you would consider continuing your membership and annual contributions to the Y through this extended closure and please stay with us.
We are just as eager as everyone to reopen our doors, and when that time comes, we know it will be an exciting day, filled with celebration. Until then, we will continue to do the work that is needed to keep our children safe, our seniors connected, and our community healthy.
We wish you and your loved ones health and well-being.